Policy and Publication
- Sirte University Scientific Journal (SUSJ) is referred journal issued by the Sirte University in the field applied sciences in English.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word file format and should be submitted electronically as e-mail attachments along with four hard copies to the editor of the SUSJ at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Papers should be approximately up to 20 pages long (including tables, figure, references and appendixes).
- Manuscripts submitted to SUSJ must contain original work which has been neither previously published, nor is it under consideration by another journal.
- All papers should have an abstract of about 300 words in length.
- Authors should include the full title of the paper, the author's full name, Author’s affiliation and address, e-mail address.
- Each paper should be 1.5-spaced in 12 point font (Times New Roman) with 2.5 inch margins on all sides. The headlines and sub-headlines should be in 14 point font.
- Editors of SUSJ reserve the right to make editorial changes in any manuscript accepted for publication for the sake of style or clarity. Authors will be consulted only if the changes are substantial.
- Arabic numbers and the international units system should be used.
- Tables, figures and pictures should appear after the reference list.
- Mathematical equations should appear in a sequential order and should be numbered between brackets ( ).
- Author/s must pay all the expenses incurred in the review process if s/he decides to withdraw his/her research paper whilst it is undergoing review.
- Author/s will be provided with a copy of the journal.
- References should be cited as they appear in the text, enclose the citation number in square brackets, for example .and the full reference should be included in the reference list as follows:
- Surname, initials of the first and second name, title, place of publication, volume and issue number and pages numbers.
- After the submission, manuscripts submitted to SUSJ will go through an internal review. If submitted papers meet the basic requirements of SUSJ they are sent out for double blind review from experts in the field. It is common for reviewers who recommend acceptance to also make this conditional on addressing possible errors or issues. If your reviewers make this recommendation then you will be given the opportunity to adequately respond to their feedback by a required date. Authors are required must make all the changes suggested by reviewers and they should send a detailed report indicating the changes made in the paper to SUSJ.
- Submission and Publication Acceptance Agreements
- Papers submitted to SUSJ for review and possible publication will not have been submitted for review anywhere else and, if accepted for review, will not be submitted elsewhere whilst the paper is undergoing review. The authors of papers accepted for Review will be asked to fill out, sign and return a submission agreement to this effect. The authors of those papers accepted for publication will also be asked to confirm in an publication acceptance agreement that the paper has not been and will not be published elsewhere. Publication in SUSJ transfers the right to SUSJ to distribute papers, but authors do retain their copyright.
Authors should send their papers to:
Editor in Chief of Sirte University Scientific Journal
Professor, Abdullah Ali Elamari